Immigrant Day 2017 is around the corner! We are excited to join hundreds of immigrant rights leaders at the Sacramento Capitol building on Monday, May 15th! If you and your organization is planning on attending, please make sure to register before the April 28th deadline. Register your group in the following link.
Immigrant Day Priority Platform!
The following Priority Platform will be the focus of the rally and advocacy efforts throughout the day!
- SB 54 (de León), The California Values Act
- SB 6 (Hueso), Expanding Due Process Act
- SB 29 (Lara), Dignity not Detention Act
- Immigrant Budget Package:
- Investment in “One California” to support qualified and culturally competent services that ensure immigrant residents understand their rights and access affirmative immigration remedies or citizenship.
- Investment in a new program under the Department of Social Services to ensure due process for low income Californians who are facing deportation proceedings in Immigrant Court.
- Investment in a new program under the Department of Social Services to provide public defenders representing immigrant clients with access to immigration law experts.
There are buses leaving from the following locations:
- Orange County
- Inland Empire
- Los Angeles
- Santa Barbara & Ventura
- San José
- San Francisco & Oakland
- Marin County
Seating is limited! Please register your organization and coalition as soon as possible.